Our Family Life in Norway.


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
August 22nd 2018
Published: August 22nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

NOT A SALMON. NO!.NOT A SALMON. NO!.NOT A SALMON. NO!.

I do catch the odd sea trout of varying sizes but not any salmon. This is a very small one.
The Weather here has been a real mixed bag, but it hasn't caused a problem as we just put on wet weather gear for walking when wet and then when it is one of those beautiful sunny days we wear shorts and light tops. We have had an evening with our nephew, Lachie from Australia and his friend Nick, who are over here to work for Chris at concerts, as part of a few weeks off after completing studies. They have been joined by 2 other friends Harry and Dominic so they are now up at Voss doing some hiking and also enjoying the social scene I'm sure. So nice to catch up with Lachie who is now on his 3rd trip here to spend time with cousin Chris. I assume that he finds the social scene here in Bergen interesting with the added bonus that he can pick up a bit of work as well.

Sunday we went for a family hike into the hills. This is when Di is enjoying her new knees so much. This walk was over 4 hours of really hard up hill climbing for 6k then back down the steep slopes so over 11k
Great Excitement.Great Excitement.Great Excitement.

The three girls of to a concert.
all told, with most of the track on very uneven rocky tracks, where some of the step ups were very high. She is so pleased with herself, as am I, and all the way up it is so worth it because the mountains are so nice with the odd lake, river and waterfall involved.

Lilly and Stella are so good at this type of thing as well so there is plenty of encouragement. Stella also took along a couple of her friends, Elsa and Elsia who are carried in her back pack. Every now and then they make an appearance to see where we are, have refreshments and to take in what is happening. Stella loves all her little friends {there are many } and usually there are a couple of them joining her in what ever she is doing during the day, and night.

So fantastic views, great atmosphere, so many water falls and the fact of doing this together makes for good feelings. The area we climbed too is called Redningshytten at a height of 632mts above sea level. When reaching as far as we intended to go there is a tramping hut where we had snacks and hot chocolate. Well worth the effort and great to get there, sit and just look at the surrounding country side.

Chris and I have been out fishing a couple of times for the moments he can squeeze in to his schedule but with so little water in the rivers, not much is happening. So once again I have failed as a salmon fisherman. I do catch the odd sea trout which always manages to feed the enthusiasm for a while but they are not monsters. One Day Perhaps.

We have watched a couple more games of soccer and I really enjoy watching Lilly and Stella in this as I have always loved and supported kids sport. Pip/Rod


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Birthday Girl.Birthday Girl.
Birthday Girl.

Lilly brings out Hege's birthday cake to the sound of everyone singing.
The Entertainer.The Entertainer.
The Entertainer.

Lilly playing and singing a song that she has written. Certainly sounds great to me.
Fancy Meeting Up With You Here.Fancy Meeting Up With You Here.
Fancy Meeting Up With You Here.

Lachie and Auntie Diane. Great to catch up.
Heading For a Big Walk.Heading For a Big Walk.
Heading For a Big Walk.

Walking up to the start of the climb up Redningshytten. Beautiful valley.
Peace and Solitude.Peace and Solitude.
Peace and Solitude.

I love this sort of area where you can sit and contemplate.
Little Does She Know.Little Does She Know.
Little Does She Know.

Only a quarter of the way up. But we keep on going and climbing. A few rest stops with a good steady pace and when you turn around you realise how much higher you are.
Well Earned Rest Stop.Well Earned Rest Stop.
Well Earned Rest Stop.

This is a search and rescue hut on the way up.Still a long climb ahead.
The is Far Enough.The is Far Enough.
The is Far Enough.

A Tramping hut and a good place for a break with refreshments. Great views and surrounds.
Elsa and Elsia.Elsa and Elsia.
Elsa and Elsia.

Time for them to have a rest and refreshments to. Stella sits them down with continous chatter.
Magic.Magic.
Magic.

Beautiful views, waterfalls and grandkids. The fatigue is quickly forgotten.
Lovely Spot.Lovely Spot.
Lovely Spot.

A lake on the way down, just a nice place to be.
So Thats What we Did.So Thats What we Did.
So Thats What we Did.

On a Sunday afternoon, not quite a stroll in the park. But very rewarding, especially for Di as it was a real work out for her new knees.
Stella.Stella.
Stella.

What! An All Black in Norway? Playing soccer? Stella always practises in this gear.
Stella.Stella.
Stella.

Concentrating on the ball.
Lilly.Lilly.
Lilly.

On her way to score a goal.


Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 22; qc: 95; dbt: 0.1309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb