26-27 March Hagahornet


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Averoy
March 28th 2011
Published: March 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the 26th I took a trail around the mountain Hagahornet, which led to the place called Steinsetra, what used to be a farm. Appears, in older times there were no trees on these mountains as everything were grazed by sheep and goats. Also, in 1830 there was snow avalanche which destroyed 3 houses on the slopes, 10 people died, now there is stone with them names in the field. Now no farm animals on these mountains *(at least no farms on the steep forest slopes as plenty of farms bellow i can see), no avalanches thanks to the trees as it almost grown with forests and...you can drink water from the creeks in the mountains without any filtration!
Was another winter snowing day, but not cold. Forgot my camera, so I came back next day...
On the 27th just for a little while followed yesterday,s trail and headed to the Hagahornet 488 without trail.. On the top I got hit by snow storm, visibility was very limited, so I really didnt see much around, just know that on the top is wide, easy walking area and i walked quite a bit on it, thinking going down and heading back, but got disoriented and I got back on the trail of Steinsetra and not trusting my judgment anymore followed the trail. ended up on the South highway, walked to village Kornstad and on the road back to the Folland. Distances bellow much greater than on the top. After resting in the car, changing clothes and boots, I had another short hike on the old, not used anymore road and climbed one hill near it. The day was over and i was tired.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb