First Day in Norway


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Ringerike
July 21st 2015
Published: July 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Andy picked me up in Oslo. With Gry as our liaison, we met in the parking lot. service at it's finest!!
I arrived at the cottage and was greeted with big hugs from Berit, then Andreas and a hello from Benedicta (a 3rd cousin of Thea's. ) inside Thea, Gry and Kim Andrea greeted me.

We feasted on Skolebrød that Gry made this afternoon. It was a lovely treat! After we visited and I unpacked. There are puppies here now only a couple of weeks old. They are golden retrievers so at one point we all grabbed a puppy and did some puppy love for a bit of time.

I now know why i gained 12lbs here last summer! not long after our snack, friends of Gry and Andy's (Anna, Losh and their two beautiful daughters, MaliN and Madelen) came to visit Bearing ice cream. The table was set and we sat down to enjoy what we would call 'fix-it-yourself ice cream sundaes. We sat and visited then went outside so the kids could ride their little 4 wheelers. Some people came to look at the new puppies in hopes of adding to their family so Gry visited with them for awhile. The family is heading to Turkey tomorrow so they had to get home to get ready. Beautiful family both inside and out.

Gry and Thea made a curry chicken dinner while I visited from the kitchen table. Just as we set the table and cracked open a bottle of wine, Andy's aunt and uncle, Kari And Birger, from the cottage on the hill, along with their son, Marcus, came in for a visit. They sat at the table with us and we had wine and laughed. Kari invited me a number of times to come for a visit up the hill while I am here. I think Birger said I could come and do some work. 😉 Dinner was done and the girls wanted to go for a ride. Margit, the furrier and friend whom I met last summer and another girl named Kine come then Benedicta, Thea and they went out riding. The rest of us hung out.
























<li class="mod" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 24px; border: 0px; list-style: none; clear: none;" data-md="50" data-ved="0CDMQkCkoAjAGahUKEwjLpuSVue_GAhWDj3IKHXyLDTU">



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb