Return to sender


Advertisement
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
July 1st 2008
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 59.9138, 10.7387The same couple was fooling around in the shower again this morning. I wondered if the three senoritas from yesterday all showered together, to save time. I imagined them scrubbing each others' backs, and washing each others hair ... uh ... where was I going with this? I seem to have lost my train of thought ... Oh yeah - later on, I saw the couple gobbling down breakf... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

ff
f

Frogner park!
gg
g

I thought this was comical - looks like they're doing some bizarre kind of dance. Or maybe they're copying Asian tourists and the stupid poses they do for photos?
hh
h

Ummm ... I don't think these two quite have the concept of 69 down ... ahem ... you're not facing the right direction!
jj
j

I don't know about you, but to me this looks like child abuse!
kk
k

There is much symbolism in his park, especially on the bridge - there are numerous pillars showing a man fighting a lizard and is a metaphor for man battling his primal, sinful nature. This particular one looks far too much like lizard-human porn, however.
k3k3
k3

In the final pillar, a woman finally succumbs to the lizard's embrace - you think this guy had some unresolved issues towards women?
k9k9
k9

The four corners of the massive fountain show the four seasons of life - childhood, young love, adulthood, and "winter". Apparently he never really explained the meanings behind his work, so most of this is speculation on the parts of scholars.
mm
m

A couple falling in love?
m2m2
m2

A couple falling out of love?
oo
o

"Winter" - the left-most sculpture on this corner is everything melting back into what it once was, to start the cycle anew.
pp
p

The giant monolith in the middle of the park took workers 14 years of DAILY work to complete.
qq
q

q
rr
r

Again, the concept of 69 seems to be lost on them ...
ss
s

The lighting wasn't the best, but this is supposed to be a man breaking free from his prison. Exactly what his prison is up for debate ... maybe he's trying to break out of the lizard porn so prominently displayed on all the pillars of the bridge?
zzczzc
zzc

This crying and pouting baby is probably the most famous sculpture in all of Frogner park. He looks exactly like I do when I am denied chocolate, or have to leave Spain!
zzdzzd
zzd

Hmmm ... one of the reliefs on the fountain depicting two women embracing ... how interesting ...
zzezze
zze

Uhh ... a woman and a unicorn embracing ... not so interesting, unless you're into that kind of thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
zzfzzf
zzf

With the beautiful weather, Frogner park was crawling with locals using their disposable BBQs to prepare dinner. It was a great way to end the day - I was jealous that I couldn't take part! On my way back to the hostel, I think I heard a lady speaking Spanish with a Norwegian accent - not hot!
zzhzzh
zzh

The view from the hostel room - a dumpster and a courtyard/alley. Nice!



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb