In Oslo Again


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
September 12th 2015
Published: December 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Hamburg - Oslo


Royal PalaceRoyal PalaceRoyal Palace

... in the city centre and nicely located in a park in which I went for a run every morning.
The week after our trip to Stockholm my colleague Anja and I were invited to provide a two day product training session for our Norwegian colleagues in Oslo. We flew to Oslo on Wednesday night and arrived in the hotel late in the evening, so we only had time for a quick dinner and a glass of wine. Thursday and Friday were quite busy with two full day trainings.

On Thursday evening we once more learned what a great place Oslo is for dining: Our Norwegian colleagues took us to “Plah” , a fantastic Thai restaurant. We had a super tasty five course Thai meal and had a different type of wine with each course. It holds a certificate for having one of the most outstanding wine lists in the world. And I have to say the wines were fantastic.

Other than that we did not have much time for sightseeing. Our hotel was close to the office, which again is close to the city centre. So I could go for morning runs in the park surrounding the Royal Palace. The weather was nice, so this was fantastic.

And on Friday afternoon I realised once more how small our
National TheatreNational TheatreNational Theatre

... not far from Royal Palace.
world is. My friend Michal, who is currently a professor at Stanford University, had posted on Facebook that he would be in Oslo on the Friday. Thus I met up with him for a quick early dinner not far from the National Theatre. It was nice to catch up, but we did not have a lot of time since Anja and I had to catch our flight back to Hamburg in the evening. Oslo is a nice city, I always enjoy being there. And once more our Norwegian colleagues had made our stay a very special one, thank you so much!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Small park Small park
Small park

... between National Theatre and Stortinget (House of Parliament).
Award of ExcellenceAward of Excellence
Award of Excellence

... granted to the Thai restaurant Plah where we had a fantastic dinner with even better wine.


Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 34; qc: 147; dbt: 0.1813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb