KARAGWE 2016: Arrived Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
January 22nd 2016
Published: January 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Chris JohnstoneChris JohnstoneChris Johnstone

Taking Advantage of WIFI !
What a great flight. 'My' row had so few people in it that we all got to lie down. Two meals and one movie later we are safely in Amsterdam and semi-refreshed. Chris Johnstone (UMN) travels so much that we are enjoying the perk of lounge life here. I don't want to get spoiled or entitled but am sure appreciating the soft chairs and quiet ambiance. And really nice coffee. We leave in a few hours for Kigali.


I am participating in my home church's 21 day program in a concerted effort to shine light on the differences between what we gravitate to in life and what is real. Through the readings I am sensitized even more than usual to global disparities and our role in that. Sharing resources, teaching people to fish, being open to the examples set by the world's poor who seem to have a corner on community and relationships. These are important themes for ETI and KARUCO and we remain mindful that we are here to serve; to grow together, to bring about a common good. That is our commitment. And it is a true privilege to be part of this greater plan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

AmsterdamAmsterdam
Amsterdam

Lounge Life
GratefulGrateful
Grateful

for Good Food


22nd January 2016

Well, that part's over!
Congrats on a successful trip over the pond. I hope this missive finds you both well rested and acclimating to the sub-Equatorial environs. Did Chris get the tour of the equator and which way the water flows? Just 20 feet is all it takes to change the direction! Wow. Best wishes for a productive trip and please convey my sincere 'hello's to the members at ELCT. I look forward to the opening on October 3rd? ;)
22nd January 2016

Cool, Calm, Steady
Great Travel Blog Jan! Your travel partner Chris looks like a super nice guy with great hair. You are off Minnesota soil. That is a huge step and now there is no turning back. Goodbye! Bring back lots of stories to share. Love you and have fun!

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb