Amsterdam to Den Helder


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
April 30th 2015
Published: May 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

23rd April


Amsterdam to Enkhuizen




Took advantage of the good weather and instead of stopping at a couple of places we originally planned to, did a longer passage. We know the weather is going to get nasty in a couple of days so we’ve decided to get up to Den Helder faster now so that we’re there settled ready to cross the North Sea when the weather settles. Liked the look of the little village Enkhuizen, would be happy to come back here and spend longer another time.




24th April




Enkhuizen to Den Helder




Sailing in the IJsselmeer. Had some good wind, didn’t have the battons in the main, so just sailed on the heady and made good time. Once through the last sluice, just motored and followed the weaving channel into Den Helder.




25th April




Lay day/ ANZAC DAY




Rest day today. Took advantage of the ‘washing machines included in the rate’ deal and spent today walking to and from the yacht club washing anything that moves. All the bedding, towels…everything. Washing is so expensive when you have to use the driers as well. Never mind it’s all done now.








26th – 30th April




Waiting in Den Helder. Not a bad place to be waiting actually. Rode our bikes everywhere. In fact one day we rode it 11kms to another town in order to get the right engine oil. That was a hard day….especially considering the 20kt headwinds we had coming home and the hail storm. (thankfully we just pulled into Mac Donalds for lunch just before the downpour). Rode into town and about each day. On the 27th it was Kings Day – the King’s birthday. There was a flea market and music in town so we helped celebrate by hanging around in there for a while.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb