Numansdorp


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
April 10th 2015
Published: May 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

10thApril

We arrived back in Numansdorp on April 3rd and today boat went back in the water. We had done some major underwater repairs so it’s always a bit of a worry when she first sits in the water, hoping that all the hoses have been connected properly and no water can come in where it shouldn’t. Also as we had ‘winterised’ her, we were hoping that once again all had been connected properly. Sure enough all was good and we motored quite happily to our berth for a few days. So nice to be back in our own bed, on our own boat and on the water again. BBQ dinner and drinks in the cockpit…all is well on board!

We had replaced the clutch cone in the saildrive, repaired and reconditioned the propeller and replaced engine water pump.

<a name="_GoBack"></a> We also got some canvas work done – a new boom bag, new spray sheets and most importantly….a new cockpit tent. We’ve seen so many boats with these and of course they’re great in the cold wet weather…and now we have one of our very own!!

We have joined the OCC (Ocean Cruising Club) and Peter, a Port Officer here in The Netherlands came down for a chat and gave us some very valuable information in regards to the Standing Mast Route in Holland and the Caledonian Canals in Scotland – he even passed on some charts and cruising guides for Scotland. Already it has paid off to be part of the OCC – it will be great to have this kind of support as we continue our cruising around!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb