Harrlem-Rotterdam-Delft-DenHaag


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
September 18th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Art MuseumArt MuseumArt Museum

with an interesting theme!
Since every city is so closeby here, I decided to hop here and there!....Also coz I have came to realise...many Dutch cities really look the same...i mean, the colour of the bricks, the style of the churches! I took pix of all the churches and looked through them..really can't find any differences! OMG..
well..ya..minor differences like...the little arc on the door or sth..but still.....

Anyways, first stop went to Haarlem...walked around the old town...
First thing went to tourist info office and I HATE THEM HERE! All of them charge for everything!! even a small little map of the city!!! WTH?! No I have to walk around with no idea where I was walking to..
They ahd some signpost..but they liek to make you walk in circles!!!!! argh..
Haarlem was a nice town though, nice canals, a nice Sq. An interesting art museum....
Just spent about 2 hours there......

Then went to take the train to Rotterdam. I knew Rotterdam was a new city...but with lots of nice new architechture! Cool skyscrapers and buildings.....and even underground shopping malls and the bus station have cool design as well! The city was kinda big..I only walked half of it coz the
Netherlands' Tourist Office BoardNetherlands' Tourist Office BoardNetherlands' Tourist Office Board

SUCKS with all the charges of the maps!!!!!
other half was dominated by like the boats and stuff which I wasn't too interested in seeing.
Walked to the famous cubic blocks..and there was a market next to it so walked around there.....and reminded me of ShamShuiPo with all those stalls.....except this one was a lot cleaner...haaa!
Rotterdam's tourist office is the best of Holland! Free map, free guide, free internet.!! haa...I am so c-Lai..! wahahaaa!

Next was Delft...just like 12 mins by train from Rotterdam.
Delft was the nicest city I visited today I think! It had a nice and VERY QUIET town Sq. I mean, all shops open..but noone on the streets!!! weird. It was nice strolling along the streets...even though i didn't have a map, but I smelled some really nice bakery smell soon after and then found my way there, which was right next to the market Sq! haaa!
Another hour or so...

Lastly, went to Den Haag, another kinda big city..
The city was BUSY....LOADS of people....big contract from where I just left from.
The town was spread out but not bad....some old elements and some new....which worked pretty well together. Lots of shopping, but also constrution going on.
Got confused about
HaarlemHaarlemHaarlem

on a bridge...
the signs telling directions....so made a big loop and went back after looking around.


Missed the train by a minute! So I couldn't meet carol after her work.....and we headed home seperately. However, got to Zaandam and there she was! haaaa...
They planned a Huge meal tonight!! Mussels!!!! something I wanted to try since Belgium! and it was Delicious!!!!!!!!!! They made so much food................!!!

Leaving tomorrow to Frankfurt lu! But they are going back to HK late January for Chinese New Year so I get to see them then most likely!=) and I can leave some stuff here for them to take home to me when they go back!!! haaa.....So nice of them!!! (leaving my red-wine, hope the bottle will still be full then!? heeeeeee...^o^)


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

HaarlemHaarlem
Haarlem

some building...nice backlight! haaaa
Haarlem Market Sq.Haarlem Market Sq.
Haarlem Market Sq.

Nice church there! like all other market squares...
benches?!benches?!
benches?!

They ave one in every city almost! and its always near the market square! and always someone sitting on it as well.
Rotterdam - City of Architecture!Rotterdam - City of Architecture!
Rotterdam - City of Architecture!

Lots of nice modern buildings!! what's that old bell doind next to it?!
Elephants!Elephants!
Elephants!

it must be the city's animal or sth...coz its everywhere...painted in different styles.....with freaky eyes!!!!!><"
GrafittiGrafitti
Grafitti

Nice work of art! haaa
weird statue?weird statue?
weird statue?

in the metro station's sq near the cubic houses.... with the most exotic style I have seen in Europe so far...
The.....The.....
The.....

ok..those cubic houses. I dun have the map with me do forgot whatz the name....haaa!
Flea Market..kinda!Flea Market..kinda!
Flea Market..kinda!

a big market square with many stalls selling..food and other stuff. Here are flowers...lots of different ones..except...They dun have my favourite one!!! out of season maybe????
The 'Smell' of Direction!The 'Smell' of Direction!
The 'Smell' of Direction!

Without ths bakery, I wouldn't have been able to get to the Delft town sq that quick! haaaa! It smelled GOOOOOOOOOD!!!
Beautiful Town Sq!Beautiful Town Sq!
Beautiful Town Sq!

Best of all the towns in Netherlands so far... I think...
Other nice buildingsOther nice buildings
Other nice buildings

around the town sq.
Ugly Art...Ugly Art...
Ugly Art...

and this one piece ruined the whole town sq area!!!!
Foooor the Art!Foooor the Art!
Foooor the Art!

A telephone booth stuffed with trash......lovely.
concrete and bricks!concrete and bricks!
concrete and bricks!

look how neat the concrete is!!! matches perfectly withthe bricks.....this must have taken a lot of time.....
read sideways...read sideways...
read sideways...

the information sign.....please tilt your head to read!
Den HaagDen Haag
Den Haag

some statue on the streets...
some buildingssome buildings
some buildings

in the centrum
Nice Meal!!Nice Meal!!
Nice Meal!!

Boiled Mussels, potato omlette, fried peppers, bread......SO MUCH FOOOOOD! but yum..=D


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb