Ob la di Ob la da....


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
July 24th 2005
Published: July 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The Usual SuspectsThe Usual SuspectsThe Usual Suspects

As we're posing for this picture, Geoff looks down at me and goes, "Well are you going to get up or are you taking the picture from down there." Hrpmh...freakin' tall people.
European life goes on...

Alas, another week. What have I been up to now?

It's Sunday...and I've been about as productive as usual, which is not at all. What did I do, you might ask? Breakfast. That's it. (Hey look, I'm already resigned to the fact that I'll never solve world hunger or partake in any other significant acts of personal greatness, so no point beating myself up about it! I'll just do breakfast, and do it well.) Eugene, Jen and I met up at Cafe du Bok, a quaint English-style pub run by an extremely warm and hospitable couple who really know how to put together a monster English breakfast. I came, I ate, I came home and wrote about it.

The reason the huge English breakfast was necessary was to apply the grease-treatment to our bodies following the pint treatment they were given the night before. Last night was full of interesting experiences: pints at the Buddha bar, electronic roulette at the shady Dutch casino across the street (which I would like to point out was a terribly disappointing first legal gambling age casino experience...all 4 Euros of it), another pint at the Fiddler, and then
Excellent formExcellent formExcellent form

Poorwa kickin' ass and taking names at the ceral box game....
drinks and dancing at Club One Four. I was really impressed to hear a DJ mix Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit into Montell Jordan's 'This is How We Do It'. The owner of One Four, however, was not impressed with my feet on his furniture nor my ability to ignore Dutch. I really have got to stop trowing attitude at club owners! (allusion here to telling the Lounge owner to mind his own business..."geez, he acts like he owns the place!", I thought to myself)

Friday was Bec's Birthday/Going Away Surprise party. Lots of fun and gummy candy, as usual, but I definitely learned a game worth bringing back and torturing everybody stateside with. Geoff earned lots sneers and attitude from us when he set an empty cereal box on the floor and told us to pick up with our teeth, but the beer won over our inhibitions and the game was on. The trick is to pick up the cereal box with your teeth without touching your knees or hands to the ground. It's like limbo: after everybody picks it up, you rip an inch or two off around the top and repeat. Yeah, trying to compete with
BoulderingBoulderingBouldering

Nope, don't try tilting your head...I really am trying to climb this upside down (I didn't make it, by the way).
the girls on this one earned me two sore knees and perhaps the inability to reproduce! No further details well be given for all our sakes.

Thursday was another great poker night--great of course, because I took top prize. Hopefully everybody will still come back next week. I got bills to pay!

On Wednesday, Jen and I made it back to the Globe for some more rock-climbing action. If you remember, I bought a 3-month pass with the full intention of at least going 10 times to get my money's worth. Yeah, this was trip #4. I did however get my trip's worth, as I climbed until my forearms and handstrength gave out and I literally fell off the wall. Thank goodness for rope and harnesses!

Oh yeah..did I mention I got GTA San Andreas for PC? Enough of this blog stuff...I've got simulated acts of violence waiting for me in cyberspace!

July pictures




Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb