Happy Thanks Giving to all....


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » South Holland » Leiden
November 25th 2009
Published: November 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SUERTE ! -- beautiful handmade quiltSUERTE ! -- beautiful handmade quiltSUERTE ! -- beautiful handmade quilt

a gift from our friends in Hitchin. Thanks to Emi, Astrid Sarah, Joss, and Becky. It is hanging in Avalon's room thank you for making this for us we LOVE IT!
thanks for all the great comments

Most of you may know Sean is working with ESA (EJR- Quartz) at the ESTEC facility in the Netherlands on contract for the next three years. So we have begun the adjustments that come with a new culture and country. It's a great city, with canals, boat houses, bicycles every where (and they definitely rule the roads). Seems the hierarchy is bike, pedestrian, then autos, which is the way it should be in my opinion.

I also realize that my previous entry was incomplete- bit of a glich with the blog? Avalon loves the big park which is open from 11 until 17 and they charge .50 cents to play or 12 Euro annual membership. That seems to mean no graffiti or litter or unruly youth hanging about. That said Avalon and I are the only people in the park we have yet to encounter any other mums n babes at the park while we've been there.

A fornight (two weeks) ago we attended a Divali event at a community center full of English speaking Dutch and expats from all over Europe. So will be inviting a couple mums over for a
our new padour new padour new pad

at least for the next seven months
playdate next week. We live about a 30-minute walk into the center - half that time if you take the bus. Considering how much it rains here the weather is very similar to Hitchin. We miss everyone and Avalon will on occasion ask to go to England after wanting to know where her friends are.... Everyone is either in England or California!

We registered yesterday with the city hall - at least Sean and Avalon registered without a hitch - I need to provide a bit more paper work to make my stay here official. The bump is well just in need of a midwife here in the Netherlands which is a work in progress. Will ring a couple more midwife agencies tomorrow. Also need to register with a GP.

Myself and Avalon will be getting our Swine-Flu (known as the Mexican Flu in the Netherlands) jabs this weekend.

I'm thankful for my beautiful and loving family and our good health. May you have a most joyfully filled turkey day while watching the Cowboys play and have a slice of pumpkin pie for me.

Let me know how you spent probably one of the best holidays in America and what you are thankful for.

Big HUG

Will be meeting up with old "italian" friends this weekend of which only one is actually Italian!

Write back; come visit us if you happen to be in the area.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

quite tight parkingquite tight parking
quite tight parking

How'd they do it?
Top of the worldTop of the world
Top of the world

on daddy shoulders at the Sinterklaas festivities over the weekend.


27th November 2009

Mexican Flu?
That is a slur on a proud nation - always knew the Dutch were a little bit racist - great pics
27th November 2009

Love you blog
The photos are wonderful. So good to see your beautiful happy family. You go girl! Love Maureen
30th November 2009

hi! so great to see you have settled in so well. Pictures of you all are wonderful. I will really miss you both when im helping at family group over christmas. Im spending mine with my family then pos coming to Holland with my boyfriends family for New year, so you never know, ill keep my eyes open for you! Looking forward to your next blog Love Louise xx

Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 22; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.3mb