Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
December 9th 2011
Published: December 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

FINALLY the day that the band had to play in my home town.

We arrived in Amsterdam a little before two, went to the hotel and checked in. This hotel is the most awesome hotel in all Amsterdam, it had stages for beds and drums as lights on the ceiling.
I had to 'fake' perform on the bed and get my pictures taken, just for fun.

after getting ready, it was time to 'explore' the town, basically just going to the starbucks, buy a coffee, smoke a lot and hang out around Leidseplein.
When we got too cold we went to Dan's pub, across the venue and had a HUGE beer. We had to be at the venue at 4.30 because Hannah and me had a meet & greet (Thank you Nora and Cindy) Because i had to give them the present from the kids at work.

Zookeepers had to go in last, but we could wait inside, which was a HUGE plus for the venue. (Did i already tell you that Amsterdam people are pretty awesome?)

Ben.G remembered that Amsterdam is my home town, and that was the first thing he said when we came into the room.

We did not only bring the banner that the kids made but also some 'special' cookies. and yes of course there was hasj in it.
They told me my kids are awesome, and they loved the banner. Hannah, Ben and I were holding it, and jackson asked if he could take a picture, sure he could, but now i am still waiting to get it.

Lani also took a picture of the band holding it, and tweeted it, my kids will be so proud when i show them that.

I had to ask them for some more hugs, because i wanted to test them. I unfortunately had to tell Jackson, that he has to practice more, so is Jerad.

After the meet & greet we stood outside, where they thankfully had terras heaters where we could stand.

The doors opened at 8, and again 10 minutes earlier for the zookeepers, we found our way front row again.

Cara and Saul played an awesome set, and we were the lucky ones to hear her new song on this day. It was a great new song and the crowd was very enthusiastic.

15 minutes later, the men came on stage, and we kinda had the suspicion that they ate some of the cookies we gave them, but they assured us they did not.

They were all on fire, the songs blasted out and the boys were jumping, stomping, screaming and singing. I had the time of my life.
I became the proud owner of Ben.G's sunglasses (Which turned out to be Jackson's glasses and given to him by Karin, so yes, i felt quite bad about that)

The day before, we gave the men, Lani and Will a shirt, specially bought for them in Amsterdam, so they could wear it to this show. Which Lani and Will did AND tweeted. We were so proud.

after the concert we went for a smoke and waited for the signing line to be shorter, we danced at another party that was there in the venue.
We had our signings, Jerad and Jackson told me to keep the sunnies, and we told Jackson we always blame it on him (see #BlameItOnJackson On twitter), He gave us permission to do so, which we obviously will keep using.

We partied for a while longer after the signings, went to get some food, and head back to the hotel for a short night sleep before our travel to Lille the next day.



THIS night, was honestly the BEST night i've ever had in my life!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



11th December 2011

sunglasses
dont feel bad about it #blameltonJackson

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb