Spring break Part 1


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
March 27th 2006
Published: March 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdam is one of a kind. Everyone knows about the Red light district and the coffee shops, but what a lot of people don’t know is that is has some of the world’s most modern housing projects in the world. The Dutch culture really loves high architecture and we could first tell that we were first arriving by train from Rome that took around 22 hours. Thankfully half of that was in a sleeper train, which is THE way to travel in Europe. Once we checked into out hostel, we were off to explore the city. It is a canal city, similar to Venice. Amsterdam is not as romantic but still has those beautiful canals that you can see boats navigate through. After walking around for a while, we decided to go to the Heineken Brewery Tour. It was pretty gimmicky but still a lot of fun. Plus we got three beers free, with our entry price of 10 euros. The second day, we went to the Van Gogh Museum. Amazing building and the collections were nice as well. A craving for Mexican food led to more exploration, which was well worth it because the food was very good, not like what we are use to in the states as Mexican, but more like South Mexican food. One the Third day we decided to make the long trek to the river side to see the modern architecture projects. They blew us away. Lots of pictures and dinner finally made us return to the city center. We got some good sleep that night due to all the walking. We travel to Berlin the following morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

bridge across the canalbridge across the canal
bridge across the canal

i found that confounded bridge


27th March 2006

quote of the year
hey guys.. i think that was the best trip i have ever been on in my whole life.
27th March 2006

awesome!!
dude.... i love that town!!! i actually played soccer at the rembrandt plein (the field between the camera and the museum in one of the pictures above..... plus i got to go to that museum which was great!!! if you are there on saturday... you should go and try and find the market..... huge indonesian marked that has sooooooo much stuff for barely anything.....(if you are at the train station that brought you in from the airport.... and exit.... the market is on the far side of the city to your left...... my direction sucks - but it is huge and most people should be able to point you there....) plus there are tons of great restaurants in that city.... indonesian food is great and if you go to the right spot... it has something like 8 courses..... and spicey!! oh yeah! oh and if you haven't...... go find a "pancake" place...... there is a great one down the street from ann frank's house....... they are more potato pancake than real pancake..... but they make em as extensive as an omlet...... soooooooooo good... and huge!!! i am drooling now thinking about it!!!!! have fun!
4th April 2006

??????
Now show us the real Spring Break pictures.......

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb