Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
April 3rd 2006
Published: April 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Berlin is a city that I cannot wait to get back to when I have a week or so to spend there. It is so large and there is so much to see there. The only reason that we got to see so much is because of their amazing transit system. Something about those Germans, they can master some transit. We arrived in Berlin after about a 5 hour train ride and then checked into our guest house. It was a little nicer than the hostels that we are use to staying in but it cost the same so that was really nice. We went across the street once we settled in and had some hot dogs from the hot dog vender and they were really good. We walked to the nearest bar, which was a bar that served Belgium beer and had pool tables. It was really great because we were the only ones in the whole place and it was huge. When we first walked in we asked what time they closed and the guy behind the bar was like 3 in the morning. Woooooooohoooooo!!! So we got some beer and some change and headed towards the pool tables. They had music videos playing from a projector and they were actually playing good stuff. Set list included some all time classics as Men at Work’s Land Down Under, Steve Miller Band’s Joker, Alice in Chains, and many others that prompted us to sing along. We stayed there until we decided to go to bed, which was directly across the street. Don’t worry mom, we didn’t stay until 3. The next morning we decided to head out all over Berlin. We made it to all sorts of architecturally significant areas, such as potsdamerplatz, Libskin’s Jewish Museum, Eisenmen’s Jewish memorial, and the tower in Berlin. We ate dinner at a place were I could get some snitzel, which was hard to find, believe it or not. We asked the guys who were running the bar next to us were to get some good traditional German food, and the two guys said that the funny thing about Berlin is that they really don’t have German food. We were floored. So after dinner we set up cap at an Irish pub for a while then went to bed. The following day we were off to Prague to meet Trey’s Dad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb