Amsterdam!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
September 30th 2007
Published: April 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

4 Days in Netherlands, where we enjoyed the great city of Amsterdam. Don't let the stigma give you the wrong idea with all the "Coffee Shops" and red light ladies. I am not sure why people seem to cringe or give a suspicious look when you mention Amsterdam?? It is a great place and not sinfull like so many people seem to think. Yes it does have some questionable elements, but where in the world doesn't? The Red Light District is quite facinating and it is more interetesting to watch other people's reactions to it all. The coffee shops are all so groovy and cool. Of course, the city is full of great history, creative architechtur, beautifull canal water ways and its quite charming like something out of Mary Poppins.

Our apartment we rented (from craigslist) was really nice, but far from most of the city's attractions. Biking is the thing and we wished we had some to get around the city. Everyone has a bike and bikes are everywhere. We hear hundreds of bikes are submerged in the canals as well.

Some of our favorites about Amsterdam is the beers, every little nook and cranny seems to have charachter and coolness and the fun architechture. Our next adventure is a bike trip out into the country side.


Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The DampkringThe Dampkring
The Dampkring

Where they shot a scene of Ocean's 13.


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 22; qc: 98; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb