Amsterdam , Awesome Holiday


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
January 8th 2007
Published: August 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Heineken MMMMMMHeineken MMMMMMHeineken MMMMMM

One of my free pints lol
This is the second time alison and I have gone to Amsterdam. Its such a nice city. It have really nice buildings and very interesting people lol. Their was so much I never got to see last time apart from the hookers and the marijuana.

Anyway this time I booked easyjet flights around about sep 2006 so I got them cheap. The date for going tho was just after christmas so needles to say alot of people didnt get as many presents as they normally do lol. Anyway some of the things I wanted to do this time was the Heineken Brewery and the Zoo.

The Heineken Brewery was good 😊. You get 3 pints on your way round and the ticket for the museum was like 8 euros. So hmm its cheaper to just keep going around than to go to the local pubs even tho the alcohol is pretty cheap still. The museum led you through the past to the future of the company. The best part was probably seeing the live horses they keep their which pull the Heineken cart around the town delivering to the local bars and clubs.

This time
Drunk ?? !!!!Drunk ?? !!!!Drunk ?? !!!!

Lol alison trying to act sober !!
unlike the last time I used the trams alot more. Trust me if you go to Amsterdam use the trams its such a good time saver, even tho places arent far to walk to, theirs something about using the trams that makes the whole city look a bit better.

Our hotel was awesome. We went for quite a good hotel called The American Hotel, its right in the heart of the Leiseiplein which is the main tourist area for restraunts and pubs. The hotel was beutiful. It had a huge refurbished cafe coffee bar downstairs called The Americano which had all huge stained glass lanters and stuff was pretty wicked. We didnt eat in the hotel 😊 . I had alison out to all the huge Argentinian steak houses yeh baby 😊.

We spent alot of time in the Kalverstrat which is a huge shopping street running down from Dam square. My mate Gordon had told me about a food court which was amazing. All fresh fruit smooties huge BBQ stalls with so much meat you could choose . It was well cool. Alison of course went in and out of all the designer shops, morgan,
Heineken HorsesHeineken HorsesHeineken Horses

Horses that deliver Heineken over city.
versacem etc.

The zoo was well better than Edinburgh. They had loads of animals and it was the first time alison had seen a hippo lol that was quite funny. Shame it was a rainy day but we still had alot of fun. We both love wildlife so thats cool. Even walking around the zoo we could smell marijuana the zookeepers were smoking it lol. Probably half the animals were stoned.

Anyway to sum stuff up before i post some pictures it was an awesome 3 day break. I love amsterdam such a nice place. But alison says its the last time were going their cuz theirs so many more diffrent places we need to see which I kind of agree with.

Anyway hope you like the pictures...



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bar Americain at hotel Bar Americain at hotel
Bar Americain at hotel

Cool water fountain outside hotel :)
Fruit smooties & PizzaFruit smooties & Pizza
Fruit smooties & Pizza

Food from the food court I told you about !! mmmm
The DampkringThe Dampkring
The Dampkring

The famouse drug shop ( Coffee shop ) which was in Oceans 12 :). Awesome inside.
Amazing Chocolate Shop !!!!!!!!Amazing Chocolate Shop !!!!!!!!
Amazing Chocolate Shop !!!!!!!!

If your ever their get these chocolates , Australian Home Made mmmmmmm amazing.
Cool zoo animals lolCool zoo animals lol
Cool zoo animals lol

Awesome I love these
Camera shyCamera shy
Camera shy

Camera shy this guy
Cool bottlesCool bottles
Cool bottles

Heineken bottles from old to new lol


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb