Amsterdam 2


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up and checked the internet to find that Josh and the Zealanders had been delayed on their arrival to amsterdam due to unforeseen difficulties driving. I headed to their hostel to see if they had arrived yet and went inside to look around just as Jake and Josh approached the door to the place. Turns out because they had not cancelled the previous night and didnt show, they had to pay for their room for the missed night and lost their reservation for the next night as well. They came with me back to the hostel I was staying at and booked the place for a night. After I met with Kim and Sierra again and introduced them to Jake and Josh and we left to meet with the other two zealanders and find some food. We randomly met Zach and Tom walking on the street towards the train station where we were supposed to meet them and headed off to find ourselves a new coffee shop. We found a cool one somewhere near the red light district and grabbed a few coffees as well as some papers to roll a few joints with. Kim and Sierra and Zach and Tom each split a space cake (a cupcake cooked with pot) while Josh, Jake and I smoked a bit and enjoyed some surprisingly good coffee. After chilling for a while Kim, Sierra and I headed off to the Van Gogh museum in a rather stoned state while the zealanders went to find more coffee shops. We attempted to use the map given to us by the hostel which was not actually a bad map but took about twice as long to get there as we should have (map reading becomes much harder when high even for a man :P ). The museum was actually quite a let down. It cost 10 euro to get in and although was pretty good at explaining van gogh's life as a painter, it lacked some of the more famous paintings I was looking forward to seeing. Somehow we managed to lose kim in the small museum so after waiting for nearly and hour we wandered back to our hostel. We met with the zealanders and kim at the hostel and apparently Tom and Zach had decided to take some shrooms a bit earlier. Zach was feeling completely unsafe and uncomfortable walking around at this point so they both headed back to their van to hide from the world. The rest of us ate some more food and decided to find a bar to start the night off properly. We ended up grabbing drinks at a few different bars before somehow finding ourselves in a gay bar. Apparently we walked into the place without noticing that there we absolutely no women and seated ourselves in the back. It took a few gay couples kissing and touching each other to make us realize what was really going on. We quickly ditched the place and proceeded to wander around the red light district stopping at various bars until late in the night. There were a surprising number of women in windows as the red light district was far bigger than I had realized before. Unfortunately most of the women were less attractive than I had expected even in my drunken state. It was still a very memberable experience being yelled at by large black women saying things like "hey blondy up for some fun?" Likely the women would be much better looking on a weekend as it was a Tuesday night. It is also apparently a bad idea to take pictures anywhere within the district as the pimps will take your camera from you and throw it into the nearby canal if they see you using it. I was taking a picture at one point knowing this but being drunk and was told to stop by some random guy possibly a pimp. After having a really fun night cruising Amsterdam everyone headed back to pass out at the hostel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb