What an experience


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
June 22nd 2007
Published: June 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Amsterdam, what can I say. It’s everything you expect and more. It is a beautiful city that is so unique and yes it’s true, there is an unusual amount of bikes everywhere. The train ride to Amsterdam was a little different. We got on the train and thought it was reasonable easy catching trains. About half an hour out of the train station the train came to a stop in the middle of nowhere. There was an announcement that something was wrong with the train and they were trying to rectify the problem. 15 minutes later there was another announcement that they were still trying to rectify the problem. 15 mins later there was announcement, there is technicians coming out to fix the problem. Half an hour later they said the train couldn’t be fixed and reversed back to the station to change trains. We arrived at Amsterdam 4 hours late. Anyway the train ride aside our hotel was absolutely beautiful for a budget hotel. We caught a tram into town that night and had a look around and some dinner. The thing that amazes us is it stays light until about 10 at night which is excellent while you’re on holidays. The next day we tried to get our bearings around Amsterdam. We went to the sex museum (I don’t recommend it). I thought it would be a lot more interesting. I also tried French fries in a paper cone with cheese squirted on the top. It’s not nearly as nice as it sounds. That night we had a look at the red light district. That is something everyone should do. Even if you’re not interested it’s still great to see. It’s so unusual to walk down a street that’s lit up with red lights and all the windows are filled with women. It’s something you wouldn’t see anywhere but Amsterdam. Also I love the people there. The majority of people are there for a good time so everyone is happy.
Oh well we are off to Berlin next so I’ll keep in touch
I forgot to mention. Do you like our shirts we bought.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



8th July 2007

awww i miss you guys.
hey great to see that you are having a great time, and i must add that blog was a great idea, perfect. anyway wont hold you up. have fun in Germany and keep safe. Matt
11th July 2007

SOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!
Hey Guys! Well you both look like you've had an awesome time so far and you have lots more fun to come I'm sure. Miss you heaps Megs so hurry up and see the world so you can come home!! And yes Megs you're right I would have loved the shops. Do me a favour if you're in Italy and you go to Milan take some photos of the famous designer brand shops there would love to see them. Well both of you stay safe and look forward to hearing about more of your adventures later. Love ya guys Emma xoxo

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb