Berlin - Spits and Pieces


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As you might have noticed Megan has so kindly volunteered to look after the travel blogs. Well sit back, take a deep breath and be prepared to be utterly confused as Jrex ( formely known as Justin ) takes you on a voyage through Berlin. The first thing that I must advise you of in Berlin is that Homer sounds like some angry gastapo nazi and Marge sounds like a man. Thats right, a big hairy saliva producing man. In fact all the women in Berlin sound like men for that matter. In Berlin its quite hard to know if someone is being rude as you dodge the projectile onslaught of spit, waiting for some sort of sign of a smile at the end of their angry and slightly scary sentence. As for the city itself its quite a contrast of old and new. Glass modern high rises stand beside old typical buildings still bearing scorch marks from its war ravaged past. War ravaged past, I like that, good one Jrex, I wonder if that fly on the wall has feelings. Oops, got a bit side tracked there. Anyway Berlin is one of our favourite city's so far. We went on a group tour which was informative, boring and sometimes bizzare but all in all pretty cool. For instance Hitlers bunker is actually a car park at the back of some apartment flats with a tiny little sign explaining what it looked like. The Germans are still quite touchy about the whole war thing which as you walk through the city, its not hard to tell why. As for the nightlife.....Berlin has got the goods. We went on a pub crawl and met some awsome travellers from every corner of the globe. It was a group of about 50 people and suprisingly there were only 4 aussies. Megan and I were known as aussie 1 and aussie 2 and were so plastered by the end of it that even the German women started to sound feminine ( its like beer goggles for your ears ). We also met some cool people from the Sunshine Coast whilst on the siteseeing tour and ending up going out with them aswell. Once again another brain busting night out whick took us to the bowels of Berlins nightlife ending in a building that looked almost condemed that any normal person in their right mind would be scared walking past let alone attempting to go in. However, as it turned out our braveness was rewarded when we reached the top of the building and discovered a hidden club were we soaked up everything Berlin had to offer. All in all Berlin has touched our hearts and wet our faces and left us with a damp yet fuzzy feeling inside. Hip Hip Hooray. This is Jrex signing out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



14th July 2007

hail hitler.... hang on no dont.....
wow u guys look like u are having so much fun adventuring around!!! miss u back here in oz but!! when u come back u have to tell me all the good places so when i get around to going i have expert guidance!! im hungover i had daiquiri slushies. in berlin there is no age limit on beer hey? anyway u keep being safe and beware of dodgy clubs in the tops of scary buildings xox

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb