The Match


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
January 24th 2007
Published: February 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dinner 1Dinner 1Dinner 1

Julia. Cooking Dinner.
First day at school, but don't worry class doesn't start until next week. We went to school, picked up our id's, had a couple of meetings and then went over to the arena. The arena is where the Ajax play. They are Amsterdam's football (soccer) team, the j is pronounced like a y so it sounds like Ayax. Spent the rest of the day hanging out and bumming around. I ate dinner at Julia and Tamara's where they made some delicious pasta with tons of vegetables. Before meeting everyone for the match, I went to Remi (from France) and Luc's (from Montreal) room to hang for a little before the match. After we all met downstairs and went to the football match. (25 of us or so).

It was the coldest night thus far and most of us assumed the dome would be closed but to our surprise it wasn't. Brrr...... The match was a blast anyways; Ajax beat Haarlem 4-0. Haarlem was not very good (as you can tell by the score) so the game was dominated by Ajax who had control of the ball most of the time.

There was section of fans that were crazier than
Dinner 2Dinner 2Dinner 2

Tamara. Cooking Dinner.
all the others, they had cheers and dances perfectly coordinated amongst 200+ people. At one point they all turned around so their backs were to the field, put their arms around each other and started jumping. It was really funny to see for the first time. Moral of the story, GO AJAX!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Walking to the ArenaWalking to the Arena
Walking to the Arena

Seth, Tamara. Walking to the Arena.
Practice TimePractice Time
Practice Time

The teams warming up. (As we were freezing)
The MatchThe Match
The Match

Ajax in white, Haarlem in blue.
The FansThe Fans
The Fans

Everyone waving their flags.
The Crazy FansThe Crazy Fans
The Crazy Fans

The crazy fans are in their own sectionn with tons of security surrounding them.
Us at the GameUs at the Game
Us at the Game

Julia. Tamara. Seth. Us freezing and watching at the game.
Metro HomeMetro Home
Metro Home

On the way home from the game. Everyone was cheering and the metro was shaking on the track.


Tot: 0.319s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.2499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb