Eastern Europe - Day 53 & 54 - Budva and Kotor, Montenegro


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor
June 24th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well I am sorry to report that the weather in Budva wasn't all that much better than the weather in Ostrog and Budva really wasn't the most exciting place on the planet. It was raining in the morning so that put the damper on any plans to get out onto the water and have some fun on the water. Instead we had to shelter in cafes and drink tea and coffee and check the internet until the rain showers cleared. And to be honest that is pretty much all we did in Budva, up until about 6pm when Susie and I decided that we wanted to go for a walk. So we headed out for a walk and decided to walk left. And boy did we walk left. We walked for approx 1.5 hours and found the most lovely little bays and local areas. We spied a castle in the distance and really wanted to walk out there but then looked at our watches and discovered that the time was actually 7:30 and we were meant to meet people for dinner at 7pm. So needless to say we were a little bit late for dinner only turning up at 9pm. The following day we caught a private transport around to another little village called Kotor.

Now Kotor was just divine. If I had my way I would spend two nights in Kotor and only one (if any) in Budva. Kotor is so much better than Budva. The old town of Kotor is just glorious and there is an amazing walk that you can do (something along the lines of 1322 steps) up a hill to an old ruin of a fortress. The view from the top of this fortress is just spectacular. The weather again wasn't the best and we had to take shelter in a cafe when we first arrived before we could walk up the hill. However with the advice of Chris, Susie and I managed to time everything perfectly and walked up and down the hill in glorious sunshine. And when we got to the bottom it started raining again. We therefore ducked into a couple of cafes looking for something to eat for lunch, but ended up buying the world's biggest burek (cheese and meat pies) from the bakery. After our impromtu lunch we managed to hook up with a couple of people and headed back out for a lovely little snack at a restaurant just down the way from the hotel. Where it started raining yet again. Basically our entire time in Montenegro was spent dodging the rain clouds and showers.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb