Monte "Money money money" Carlo


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco » Monte Carlo
May 12th 2010
Published: June 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The next day we went on an awesome day trip to Monaco (our 8th country so far!). The sun even came out! We made it just in time to walk up to the Palace du Prince and see the changing of the guards. It was all very theatrical! We then went for a walk through the old part of town and took in the fabulous views over the harbour.

It was the day before the start of the Formula 1 Grand Prix so there was lots of setting up and preparations going on. We got to walk the length of the track which was pretty cool. We later heard that Mark Webber for Australia won - awesome!! The track goes right past the famous Casino. We stopped here for a while (just outside as we didn’t think they’d let us in with the high rollers!) and in the space of 5 minutes saw millions of dollars worth of cars roll on up. We continued wandering the circuit through the tunnel and past the harbour. We again saw evidence of ridiculous wealth, with one luxury yacht called “One More Toy”. Maybe they should share some of their dollars around!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Palace du Prince Palace du Prince
Palace du Prince

Changing of the guards


Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb