Lights camera action! Cannes film festival


Advertisement
Published: June 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On our last day in Nice we checked out and took the train to Cannes. Unfortunately we were unable to stay in Cannes due to the festival. All hostels were booked and the cheapest hotel was starting at 200 Euro per night. We didn’t see anyone famous (that we recognised anyway) but the atmosphere was electric! We didn’t have time to see a film but we took our photo at the red carpet and then enjoyed drinks on the beach people watching. There were a lot of people there who were dressed to impress! There were also lots of handbag dogs wearing hair clips and scarves!

As we were heading towards the train station we walked passed a hotel with lots of people crowding the enterance ready to get a snap of a star. We watched and waited around 3 - 5 minutes before we got bored and left, god knows how they can stand there for hours just to catch a glimpse of someone.

That afternoon we took the TVG train to Avignon. These trains are much nicer and FAST! Our ears popped when we past other trains! We also loved the bar on the train! 😊 giddy up!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb