Unbeliev-a-mazing!!


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco » Monte Carlo
May 8th 2009
Published: May 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Holy man!

So let me paint you a picture. It is just before dusk, around 8 o'clock. You look at your surroundings as you are driving up these huge cliffs that wind in and out of tunnels. To your left, you drive past scaling mansions made of smooth white and pink cement with 12ft windows and a
Exquisite gardens with climbing roses in every colour you can think of. Every inch of each property is pristinely kept and glimmers in the sharp orange sunset glow. You look to your right. Your eyes meet the mediterranean sea that seemingly goes on forever. You can catch glimpses of the world below, the old French architecture of Nice far off in the distance below. The houses climb up the cliffs of the terrain so seemingly effortless.
You can see large luxurious yachts on the deep blue water, that seems to be turning to liquid gold as the sun falls below the horizon.
You look down to the pavement, but instead of black, you see a shimmering ocean of swarovski crystals put right into the ground. It glistens with the most amazing luster you will ever see in your life.

Yes it's all true, right down to the swarovsky crystals in the roadways. That is my experience of Monaco. We got to monte carlo and walked to the palace of the princes and saw the cathedral that princess grace and prince rainier got married in. Exquisite!
We went to the casino royale to try our luck, I found out that the drinks were 20€ each!! I put 5€ into a slot machine for fun and I immediately won 35€!!! I cashed out and think fondly of my first and only gambling experience! It was good times, and beyond memorable. All of the people were dressed to the nines including all of us! Every woman walked around in Chanel and louis vuitton, but THEY didn't win 35€! so there. It was the most posh, filthy disgustinly rich country I have ever seen!

Today I spent the better part of the day on the beach getting a fan tan! Many many many topless girls. Don't worry, I have pictures.
Then I went shopping! Ooooh did I have fun. Lotsa good stuff let me tell you! Nice is by far the most beautiful place I have ever been in my life. Just incredible.
So bright and early tomorrow morning we are leaving France and heading to Italy. Our first stop is Pisa and then we will be staying in florence. Michaelangelos David, anyone?





Advertisement



9th May 2009

Mamma Mia - Magnifico My Darling!
You have now lived my dream vicariously and very descriptively, I must add - well done sweetheart! Love.......Deborah. Hi Crissy this is your dad now, i know why your not sending any pics because i forgot to give you the USB cable for the camera SORRY, hope you have enough storage on the card, ME BAD. Love your DAD.

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb