Gozo


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta
February 8th 2013
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.0455, 14.2436

The bus to Cirkewwa took us straight onto the ferry to Gozo. Isaac's first boat trip was very quick and pleasant. On arrival in Gozo, there were lots of toots (hadn't experienced this in Malta yet!) There were some very tempting offers but we made the best decision holding out for the bus. We walked up to the nearest Church then along a blossom tree and cactus lined road to the bus stop. We caught the bus to Victoria, Gozo's capital. Before we properly explored Victoria, we caught another bus to the Azure Window via the Craft Village. The Azure Window was stunning. It was a beautiful bus ride thought the craft village turned out to be ghostlike! Isaac had his nappy changed on a rock whilst we devoured a delicious ice cream. Following the advice of yet another retired British couple, we headed straight for the Citadel in Victoria. This was probably our favourite destination of the whole holiday; secret passageways with cactuses creeping out of the cracks in the limestone and beautiful views across the yellow flowers and lush green fields of the island. Bill's highlight was a 2 euro lasagne from the Patizzeria! We stocked up on Maltese rice for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb