Arriving in the oasis


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta
February 6th 2013
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.9564, 14.3622

Isaac's first flight proved bearable. I can't say he enjoyed it (especially take off) but he wasn't traumatised by it either! On arriving in Malta, we were picked up straight away by our private transfer arranged through resorthoppa. Our taxi driver was our first glimpse of the friendly, chatty, warm hearted people that were the highlight of our stay. Not to mention their impeccable English - definitely makes for an easier life! Our first impression of Malta was that it looked very much like an oasis. All the buildings are limestone, set off beautifully by the colourful fauna, prickly pear cactuses and sparkling blue sea. Spires belonging to a multitude of magnificent Churches spring up everywhere. Throughout the whole holiday, I don't think we ever saw an ugly part of Malta!
Mellieha was to be our base. Not the greatest of choices off season with very little happening. The hotel, however, was great. We had an extremely spacious room with a nice balcony. The staff were lovely. The main attraction nearby was the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes, one of the many stunning religious buildings dotted around the island. The tourist info next to it was superb. For our first night, we treated ourselves to the hotel menu as it was 'Maltese' night. We like Maltese food!



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb