Malta thunder & lightning


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Malta » Sliema
October 4th 2017
Published: October 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

....they say it will pass....of course it will!

We have been so lucky with our weather so far but I think for Mary & John the weather back in Scotland was better.

We made it out for a walk from our place through some lovely streets that have been able to retain the older style homes original to Malta with their boxed in verandas. Many have painted their doors & shutters & verandas bright blues, reds, yellows. It's really nice against the yellows hues of the limestone blocks. Not far from us in Balluta Bay, their are many high rise apartments replacing these older style homes. It is great to see some areas are being retained as they are unique to Malta, however the new apartments are good for their economy. Many British will reside here for their winter months as it is cheaper & obviously warmer. Britian has a huge affinity with Malta.

We walked down to the waterfront in Sleima and along to Balluta Bay...quite stormy out to sea although the cruise ships were still coming & going...no thank you today! Flights in & out delayed or diverted to Palermo.

A bit of a walk & via the superette to stock up on the essential....wine.....

Uh oh there's a lovely Antique shop with lovely items midst an Auction! Still threatening rain so Brian you stop we'll head on meet you later.... He said it was a really interesting auction with some very nice items going under the hammer....giving them away were his words....furniture, clocks.

The walk back up to our place from Balluta Bay is extremely steep so that wine was well deserved!

Our Host Jean-Pierre popped in to say hi & check everything was fine. A very nice & interesting person.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb