Day 19 A day relaxing


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Malta » Mellieha
June 10th 2010
Published: June 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we spent a very quiet day just chilling around.

We picked up our hire car about 11 am and headed off to the beach. We were going to go to Golden bay but instead ended up at Ghajn Tuffieha Bay, the bay next door. There is quite a steep walk down to the beach but well worth it as it was reasonably protected from the wind. There is a bit of rubbish on the beach and really needs to be maintained a bit better for safety and aesthetic appearance.

We stayed here for about 2 hours and had a swim, the water is still a bit chilly, before we headed up the damn steps and back to the car.

As planned we then headed to the Ta’ Qali craft village which has been created in the remnant buildings of the old air force base that used to be here. There are a lot of different crafts actually being made here but also a lot of bought in stuff. We had a good look at the glass making at Valletta Glass and were surprised as to how heavy the finished product is. Certainly not light and delicate like crystal.

There are a few silversmiths here and the work on the filigree items is very fine and cost is also reasonable. A lot of the traders were starting to close at 4 pm, so we will need to come back here again.

As I said, we had a quiet day planned and we headed back to the villa to get ready and headed down to Mellieha Beach for dinner. Now we have the car we’re not as restricted to the places we can go to in the evenings. With the buses only running to about 8.30 pm we had to be home before dark.

We had dinner at a restaurant called Zefferino where I had pork with almonds and Gina had a prawn and mussel fettuccine. We also ordered garlic bread but they also gave us normal bread and bruschetta as a free entree. This is fairly common in restaurants here, so don’t order too big on entrees.

Tomorrow we are off to Gozo. We planned an early start but we had our neighbours in for a coffee so it was another late evening once again. Who needs sleep when you are on holiday.





Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



20th June 2010

Great pictures
Pete and Jeana - some great pictures, hope you enjoyed Malta, great to meet you both. We miss Malta but these are great pictures to remind us.
20th June 2010

Great pictures
Pete and Jeana - some great pictures, hope you enjoyed Malta, great to meet you both. We miss Malta but these are great pictures to remind us.

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb