Hallo Morlta


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Malta » Bugibba
July 7th 2013
Published: December 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hey guys!



Here's my little travel blog for my latest trip to Malta, where I met up with four of my Erasmus friends from Germany last year - Daniel from Malta, Amalie from Denmark, Camilla from Sweden and Onur from Turkey.



The trip had been planned for almost a year, and eventually lasted just over a week, with the girls arriving early on Monday morning, before me and Onur arrived on the Tuesday. Until the Sunday we were staying in an apartment in Buġibba, and it was here that I met the guys for the first time in months!



Once we had all arrived we took the long bus ride from one side of the country to the other (lasting a massive 10 minutes) to join a beach barbeque for Daniel's friend's birthday. It was here we also met back up with Julia, who had visted Daniel for over a week back in Bremen last June.



On the Wednesday we took a lie in, before visiting the hotel where Daniel works and then going to the outskirts of Valletta for the Isle of MTV festival, where Jessie J, Rita Ora and Rudimental were performing.



The following day we rented a car and took it to Gozo, exploring the more traditional parts of the country, followed by a night at the Karaoke bar down the street; whilst on Friday we visited the capital Valletta and the Three Cities, some of the most historical parts of the country.



Friday night also marked Amalie's birthday, with the majority of us spending it with her for the second year in a row after Venice 1 year previously. Saturday marked the last day for Onur, and after taking him to the airport on the last day with the car we visited the hills in the middle of the island followed by Sliema, overlooking Valletta and finishing in a feast in Ħal Qormi, where for us non-natives the fireworks were a little too close for comfort.



On Sunday we moved to Balzan, and spent the last day with the girls in Paceville, whilst on Monday me and Daniel went to see the Malta 5D experience detailing the history of Malta, before meeting up with my penfriend Denise, and then visiting the oldest settlement in Malta - Mdina and the feast in neighbouring city, Rabat.



It was a busy week on the island, but thoroughly enjoyable, and I look forward to repeating our reunion soon



Next stop, Moscow!

Kevin.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 15; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb