Cymru A Mwy


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Conwy » Llandudno
June 24th 2013
Published: December 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Hello everyone..hope you're all well!



Once again I've been off travelling...but shockingly enough it was actually in the UK still!



Last week I travelled up with my brother to Newcastle-under-Lyme, where he has a student house, and we then made many excursions to many locations across the area.



On the Monday, we made the trip to North Wales, where we stopped at the small town of Conwy, visiting the remains of the Castle, the city walls, and the portside (where the smallest house in Great Britain is located), giving us some traditional Welsh heritage. Afterwards we carried on further into the country, crossing the Menai Straits onto Anglesey, where there were some stunning views of not only the strait and the bridges crossing it, but also of Snowdonia.



We then arrived at the town of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (the place with the second longest name in the world), where we had some photos taken outside the signs, and visited the gift shop, before driving to the other end of the island to Holyhead, where the ferries leave to Dublin. Shockingly enough, it was even neccessary to use sunglasses!



The following day we visited the historic town of Chester, walkign around the city walls and looking at the beautiful buildings. We then made the trip up the Wirral to Birkenhead, where we got a view over Liverpool - staying just a few minutes before quickly exiting Merseyside



The following day was our last full day in the area, and was also the nicest, reaching 24˚C, spending it at Alton Towers. Despite arriving at park opening time, the queues for the largest rides were still over an hour long, however we did manage to ride most of the biggest rides at the park that day, topping off what had been a thoroughly enjoyable few days in the area.



Next stop, Malta!



Kevin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb