August 16 2015 Prilep to Kavadarci


Advertisement
Macedonia's flag
Europe » Macedonia » Kavardarci
August 16th 2015
Published: May 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The ride out of town was over a mountain range which locals stated was unridable on a bike. It wasn't that bad. 10 kms long and uphill. The ride down the otherwise was lengthy. At one stage a small orange Zavstava car (variable noise ... constant speed) was along side of me and I thought he wanted a chat. He didn't! He was flat out and couldn't get enough speed up to overtake lol. I put the brakes on so he could get past.
We past a number of locals riding various modes of transport. All more than willing for a photo. Lol.
We met a goat herder taking his herd for a walk. His dog wasn't much use but looked cute so it got my vote.

On arrival at Kavadarci the reviews of the hotels didn't fill us with joy but we needed somewhere to stay so did what we could. We had 3 requirements: clean, air conditioning and wifi. Could it be that hard. Yes!!!

We eventually found one. Appeared clean and had an air conditioning unit. However the power went out shortly after a shower. Lol this was after we fixed the TV. and our repairs were not to blame for the power. It was the thunderstorm and fifty knot winds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb