August 17 2015 Kavadarci to Veles


Advertisement
Macedonia's flag
Europe » Macedonia » Kavardarci
August 17th 2015
Published: May 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Kavadarci! Service is optional at the hotel we stayed at in Kavadarci. OMG TV had intermittent sound, sockets hanging out of the wall, sink which wobbled, shower at waist height. It was meant to be up market. I'd say it was up the shit! That's an Australian term meaning below average.

When you sit down for dinner the first thing you get is an ash tray. 20 minutes later they may return to see if you want a drink or a menu. It's at this stage you should strike with the speed of a cobra and order anything you might need as the chance of a reappearance is pretty bloody slim.
When we booked in there was a lot of chatter to determine if they had a room. In reality we were the only guests.
Our sport was watching the staff sitting and smoking or placing bets to the TAB. The only excitement was sneaking our bikes up three flights of stairs in to the room as I had visions of coming down stairs to a broken bike lock and no bike.

Gus and I cycled to Veles. There was a hill at the beginning and a hill at the end. No hotels in town. We cycled a couple of kilometres to find a very nice high end hotel which we could stay in without being electrocuted. They even had running water and an inside toilet.... Just kidding!

The journey here was uneventful. The hotel staff in Veles particularly Nicholas, were great. As usual the daily temperature was hot and we generally, on the ride, get through about four litres of fluid a day and then drink some water as well. Lol.

The national sport is smoking and at $2.50 a packet it's not hard to see why. Average wage is $300 / month. However, the people that do speak with us are really nice.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb