The Mullerthal Region - the tiny travel wonder of Luxembourg


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg » Luxembourg City
January 2nd 2010
Published: November 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast, the girls and I left with Jonny for a tour of the Mullerthal region. Jonny asked the girls if they wanted to go ice-skating and they were eager to go, so we had no clue as to what exactly the itinerary for the day was, except of course the ice skating and it was a really, really wonderful surprise at the fairytale scenic charm that was in store for us. The Mullerthal Region is truly a travel wonder of the world!! On a length of more than 110km, the Mullerthal passes through all the natural beauties of the Mullerthal Region - Luxembourg's Little Switzerland. Natural paths lead through forests and pastures and through impressive canyons and bizarre rock formations. Luxembourg is such a small country surrounded by giants like Germany and France that most people haven't even heard of the place and fewer bother to visit (well we certainly would not have visited here it was not for CS and the Orrs having invited us to spend christmas with them) and oh what we would have missed!!!Luxembourg is a gem waiting to be discovered, beautiful farmland, gorgeous river valleys, impressive medieval towns and all the modern day shops.

If you like to be in the nature, relax, take a deep breath and be active and enjoy the landscape and at the same time experience something exciting, then Luxembourg is definetely the place to visit. The place was just too incredible for words. The gorges were breathtaking and a bit scary and oh so exciting with just the most amazing view points!!! I have never seen anything like this before and was just speechless. We had to weave through tiny rock ravines, the gap in the rocks as thin as paper. The rock wall towers 20m high and the only way forward is to take a deep breath and to slip through the other side in single file. Then the climbing up the roughly hewn rock steps and ladders which wove a narrow twisting path between the high rock walls...one exciting adventure after another...another WOW moment!!!

Then after that thrill, we went to the ice skating rink which was a total disaster and then back home to our christmas dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb