Backtracked to France?!


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg » Luxembourg City
November 25th 2007
Published: November 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, took the train, nice and fast and got to Luxembourg where I met Ombeline, a very nice CS host!

Anyways, got to her place and it was late and the next day there is a tour back to Riems in France!!!
The tour was free haaa!! organized by her bank!! so nice!!!!
Riems is very famous for Champange and a nice cathedral.......some other nice mornuments......
We toured the Piper Heidsieck Champange factory....and WOW...its like Disneyland!!!! they had this little train cart thing that took us on tour to this HISTORY of champange making....
of course, lots of advertising as well...HAAAAA!!! But it was fun! Then a whole round of Chamànge tasting.....ummmm.......I did get a little drunk..but they were good.....haaaa!!!!!!
The Cathedral looked like the NotreDame in Paris...same kinda style...the inside was ok.....wasnt THAT amazing...
The town itself was nice tho...nice walk..tho it was Sunday so everything was closed..
However, Xmas markets are opening up all around Europe so at least something is open! HAAAA!! so nice...=)

Slept all the way back to Luxembourg....so drunk...haaaa...
I did buy two small bottles of Champange.....now my backpack is heavy again!!! =P

Interestingly, Luxembourg is full of immigrants!! I mean people working here...Ombeline said she lives there and havent met a true Luxembourgish person! ging ah! The bank was full of French, Belgians, some Italians and Polish people!!! and so sad......Polish people get paid half of what the others are earning......maybe due to their short contracts but still.........

Next day toured Luxembourg city....
Beautiful City, Ugly Day!!! Rained!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Went to the tourist office and coz it rained...I didnt feel like exploring the WHOLE city.....so just did the main old town....upper lower valleys.....I was interesting how the city walls surrounds the valley village!! amazing sight...very beautiful..
Luxembourg is very clean as well!!!! even tho people smoke..but not much buds around....
People are kinda cold tho...reminds me a little of the Parisans......but not bad...=) and felt a lot safer than France..HAAAAAA!
Bought some steak to make steak dinner as I promised and YUMYUMYUM!!!! heeeee.... too bad I was in a hurry to leave..I really wanted to see the other little towns in Luxembourg.......!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb