Low cost airline and angel was sent from beyond


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Vilnius
July 24th 2006
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arrive in the Vilius airport in the early evening. Lithuania is 1 hour ahead of Poland. So it is 5 PM in Warsaw, it is 6 PM in Vilnius. Flying from Warsaw to Vilnius with AirBaltic. There are no complimentary drink on board. Bottle water, snack (Springle), coffee, canned pepsi, tea, ...are sold for 5 litas (less than 2 dollars) on this short flight. The service is very basic ...to bring passengers from point A to point B.
Exchanged some cash at the airport with official rate 2.7 litas/dollar and 2 litas commision. The bus ride to town (5-7 km away) is 1.1 litas but very infrequent. We missed the bus at 6:08 PM and the next bus is 7:25 PM. Not advise to get on a taxi at the airport. I talked to a backpacker who just arrived from London and it turned out He was sent from the beyond. He can speak the local language, sorted out if it is cheaper to hop on a taxi or find out the correct minibus to town, get off at the bus station, then He helped me out to point to the correct direction that I have to go to get to the right hostel. It was a pleasant experience and it is great that I dont have to deal of figuring out everything how to get to the hostel.
The hostel is good. Good location nearby the Gates of Dawn to the old town. The city is pleasant and the foods are inexpensive. I had dinner on arrival special local lithuanian cuisine Fried pork shoulder with potatoes, cabbage, beetroot salad, picklecumcumbers and dried boletus dressing and a half litter beer (Baltas) for less than 9 dollars.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 24; qc: 113; dbt: 0.093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb