It feels like Christmas


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia » Riga Region » Riga
December 16th 2013
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 56.9465, 24.1048

Our holiday to Baltic States was planned late; my daughter had just arrived a day before from Hong Kong for the Christmas and next day we were off for a short break to Riga and Tallinn.

We were delayed at the Luton airport due to a signal failure but finally we arrived in Riga in the evening, we had booked the taxi with our hotel Wellton Centrum Hotel & Spa but the driver was waiting at the departure but we got it all sorted out in the end. The hotel was having few teething problem, we did not have any wifi in our room and my daughter was upset but the hotel was fully booked so they promised to change our room next day.

The weather was freezing cold with minus temperatures and it had been snowing heavily but we still decided to venture out, we walked to the town centre and then to the St Peter 's Church where there was free concert. We both enjoy concerts so we listened to the brilliant singing and delightful music, after all the problems the concert cheered us up. There were Christmas trees and decorations everywhere, we saw the House of Blackheads which has interesting architecture. There were large number of people outside the building holding a meeting, maybe it was about the Santa's fair, It is still worthwhile to see it from outside if you are in Riga.
We enjoyed our walk and my daughter felt the cold as she had just come from the hot climate of Hong Kong but she is a tough cookie. We went back to the hotel, ordered the room service which was fine and we went for the spa in the hotel which was really lovely, the hotel is new so the facilities were really good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb