Santa's Fun Run


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia » Riga Region » Riga
December 17th 2013
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 56.9465, 24.1048

We went for the champagne breakfast which was really nice with many varieties for the vegetarians and we then went to St Peter's Cathedral to see the views from top of the church, there is a lift to the top so we saved our legs. The 360 degree views of Riga were spectacular but it was bitterly cold and very windy so we did not hang out there for very long otherwise we would have hypothermia.There is a small charge of 7 euros for the lift but the views are worth it.

Santa's Fun Run

After St Peters church we went to town centre which had all the Christmas and New Year decorations on with elegant churches and some beautiful buildings with interesting architecture but the main Highlight was the Santa's Fair.
Santa's Fair was hilarious as there were over 200 people dressed as Santa's and they were exercising on the snow, playing funny games. We could not stop laughing as we had never seen anything like this before, we loved every minute of our time there. Watch the video:

The Christmas Fair had stalls for Mulled wine, Christmas gifts, sweets, cookies. we had the mulled wine, Latvian sweets,
bought beautiful bunny candles and we then explored the rest of the town where we saw the freedom monument.



The Freedom Monument

The Freedom Monument is very important to Latvian's as it represents their freedom, history, it is very elegant and set in the middle of the parks and it can be seen from many places. We also saw various interesting building, half frozen river and Lovers Bridge full of padlocks with the keys dropped into the river.

Skybar Radisson
We reached the Skyline bar at the Radisson on the 26th floor, well before the sunset. We got the window seat on the left (better views of town) and the views were brilliant, the cocktails which were made in front of us were excellent but there was not much choice of food for the vegetarians, the sunset at the sky bar was amazing.
After couple of drinks we took the taxi to the Pizza restaurant near our hotel, the pizzas were really great here and we walked to our hotel and they had changed our room which was much better than our previous room, my daughter was too tired to go for the spa
but she was happy that we had wifi. We had a brilliant day at Riga but my daughter had cold so I started her on the flu medication.









Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb