Latvia -it is more than you thought


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia » Riga Region » Riga
June 27th 2011
Published: June 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Latvia is very nice, it feels genuine, like people are going on with the business of living in a regular way, not sure how to say it, but people seem REAL here. We have been recouping from our last week or so of adventure and enjoying the day. Doing some shopping - or I should say some looking - because the US dollar is incredibly weak, you really wouldn't believe just how expensive it is to travel throughout Europe. In Latvia of all the countries I have thought about, we have encountered prices as high, if not higher than they were in Finland. And the terrible thing is there is just so much cute clothing - I want it! But, will instead be happy strolling the streets, seeing the sites and the people.

Have learned a lot on this trip, and am thinking of coming to work here and sending money back home! Geez, seriously you could make some money here. Also have learned that you don't have a right to the bathroom people - need a bathroom break? Pay up bitches!!! Public toilets all come with a price. Another surprising fact has been that everywhere people speak English - everywhere! It is very easy to travel around, because people are very knowledgeable of our language. In Finland they spoke it without an accent at all, like native speakers. The educational systems here are adept at teaching languages it appears. Public transportation is very well developed over here and once again, similar to past experience, markets are set up with 20 vendors selling similar products right next to each other. There will be an enormous building of just fish products - oh and isn't sturgeon endangered? I thought so but you can see it everywhere here.

No luck with the photos yet, may have to wait till we get stateside for those. Going to go and take a nap, this is so rough 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb