In Poland


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
June 29th 2011
Published: June 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived in Krakow, Poland!! This was our final, big leg of the journey, traveling from Riga last night at 7pm via bus, switching buses in Lithuania and catching a train from Warsaw to Krakow. We have much to see here in the final few days of our journey and am very happy to be here. Apparently Krakow, amongst other things, is rumored to have more bars per square meter than any place in Europe! Not sure if I am up for any more trouble 😊 We tried absinthe in Riga and it actually was pretty good, once you got past the initial gasoline taste and mixed it with some 7up.

Our visit to Riga ended nicely with a short boat ride across the river and more time in Old Town (apparently every place of interest has an old town - we are close to Krakow's as well). The Old Town in Riga is one of UNESCO's world heritage sites and is recognized as being important for humanity, so am glad to have been able to visit the site.

Poland is, get this - incredibly green and lush, with rolling hills and trees, grasses and anything/everything else in the green spectrum - just like much of the rest of Europe we have seen. Seriously, I need me some Nevada desert here people !! Am thinking of our state song..."home means Nevada, home means the hills...", I could go on - and will at your request - oh wait, I mean at my whim!

I have been surprised at how much graffiti there is in all of the neighborhoods - I mean just everywhere. So either I set us up in some serious dumps, or it is rather common here to leave the graffiti, to not fight it.

Check in with ya later, Auschwitz, Birkenau and the salt mines are on our itinerary as well as the old Jewish Ghetto. Love ya, A

Advertisement



Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb