Roma


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
September 7th 2017
Published: September 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Bonjourno Roma....arrived 8.40am due to 100mile an hour tail wind over the Atlantic. Huge queue through customs control...glad we didn't have any hold luggage & just our carryon bags. Straight outside to find the Terravision bus (prebooked online) which got us to Termini Stazione & we walked to our favourite Tabacchi shop to collect maps & local transport tickets. Onto the no.5 Tram that took us to Mirti. Not quite sure how long it would take we asked a lady on the Tram who we are sure in the end got off with us at our stop to help us when in fact she was to get off a couple of stops ago! This is what I love about the Italians.
We found our apartment no problem & met Leonardo who spoke very good English with little vowels on the end of each word (you goa out the doora anda turna lefta or a righta). have to say he was impressed with our little bit of Italian which were allowed the little vowels on the end. Lots of hand gestures helped. They love it when you try ....even with a kiwi accent! Apartment is super with everything we need.
Very little influence of tourism in our area, all shops catering for the locals. Nice and quiet and friendly. Out to purchase blobs of mozarella, tomatoes, basil, cheese, salami, tortillas, wine & beer.
A Siesta was definitely on the menu after those two long hauls... got to get that right in any future plans.

27degrees.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb