Georgia - Last Day in Greece Delphi to Athens


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
December 15th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.9748, 12.6783

We started with breakfast at the hotel and then got going. We drove further up the mountain, through numerous pretty towns, stopping at Hosios Loukas Monastery. We spent a lovely hour walking around, admiring the beautiful Byzantine frescoes and mosiacs. Then we got back on the road to Athens.

We planned to stop at Lavidia for lunch, as apparently it is very pretty. However, we arrived to find a maze of one way streets, no parking and a quite ugly town - so we decided to keep driving. We stopped at a bakery by the highway and bought lunch.

We arrived at Peania , a suburb on the outskirts at Athens, where our B and B was. Unfortunately Mum had told the lady not to expect us until 6 and it was only 3, so she wasn't there. That was alright, we drove into the suburb's main shopping street and had a drink at a café where we used the wifi to ring the hostess. We then found an ATM for Dad and returned to the accommodation, where we checked in.

We spent a while there relaxing and reading, then went to the Taberna two doors up and had dinner. We then returned, showered (I don't know how anyone can wash their hair with these handheld showerheads!!!) and went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0966s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb