Matt's blog - food in Greece


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica
December 15th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.9525, 23.8706

Matt's blog

One of my favorite meals was when we had gyros in the square. It was a delicious and amazing blend of modern and traditional. Gyros is fries, meat and tomato and lettuce and onions wrapped up in pita bread. You could also have it with tzatiki. You could see it being made and it was really fast. The man cut the meat off the skewer and put in all in the bread and wrapped it up.

At "Gods Restaurant" I ordered some kebabs (minced meat cooked like a sausage) with pita bread and tzaziki. We went to "Gods Restaurant" two times - one on our first night in Athens and the other time, two days later on Tom's birthday.

For entrees at "Gods Restaurant", we had grilled octopus. It was chewy and you could see the suckers on it, but not really my taste. We accidentally ordered fried potatoes before realizing that they were French fries. Wonderful bread with olive paste on it was another of our excellent entrees.

It was a very good restaurant with traditional Greek food.

One night, we bought loukamades at a small shop. There were portions of 6, so we got 2 portions to share (one with honey, one with chocolate). These were so good that we had to stop ourselves buying more!

In Greece, breakfast is quite different. We are not used to getting olives for breakfast, nor cake.

The food in Greece has been a joy to sample with exquisite flavours and an amazing atmosphere.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb