Visit Rome in a few days


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 17th 2016
Published: May 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Rome is a huge city, with a thousand-year history and an unrivalled charm. Not by chance is called the Eternal City and seeing the number of monuments and places of interest is not difficult to understand the why. Many people decide to visit the Italian capital in a few days, nothing could be more wrong. Rome is a city to which dedicate a long and careful visit, it is not enough just to walk along the shopping streets of the town to admire all its beauty, all its history, all the ways of doing. Obviously for those who want to know the history of the Italian capital this isn't the good post.

However, if time is short and the budget is low, there is no other way to visit the Eternal City in a few days and now, taking a cue from this link , we will try to find out the things to do in Rome.
We said that the Italian capital is very wide, however there are two major areas where there is a high concentration of the most important monuments of the city: the Vatican Zone and the Colosseum area.

What to see in the Vatican area? Of course a visit to the Vatican begins with a small tour of the papal residences and their beautiful gardens, and continues with the Saint Peter Basilica, the Chapel of St. Peter, a look at La Pietà by Michelangelo, and then to the Vatican Museums. The Vatican Museums are virtually immense and rich in works, and the queue can be very long. In short, you may need even a day just to visit this museum.
Also in this area it might be interesting to visit the Villa Farnesina, a place little known and with a huge collection of paintings of inestimable value.

What to see in the Coliseum? Obviously the Colosseum, an incredible building with hundreds of years of history, mythical and magical place, in which it held the imperial games and the death sentences.
But the Coliseum area allows you to easily visit the Imperial Forum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill. In short, a long walk.
Obviously Roma still has much to show: the Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Piazza Venezia, Piazza del Popolo. And these places are only the most famous. In fact, the Eternal City has practically many monuments that it is virtually impossible to mention them all. I advise you to get lost in the neighbourhoods and live and breathe the Roman life style, and enjoy the view of hidden monuments, the least popular.

Obviously much walking and visit monuments will have brought you some hunger. And how blame you.
You'll be happy to know that Rome also has a long culinary history and finding a tavern or a pub which will serve you a great meal will be easy.
What to eat in Rome? No doubt the Eternal City offers a rich variety of first courses: pasta carbonara, amatriciana pasta bucatini and cacio e pepe bucatini are the most popular.
As for the meat, tripe and intestine filling are the masters. While the wine seems not to be the Roman specialties, very odd since the Roman Empire consumed a lot of wine.

For the rest I suggest a walk along the Tiber River and a walk in the popular Trastevere neighbourhood, full of shops and inns where you can spend some relaxing hours.Have you the time for a day visit? I suggest Pompeii, here you can discover how to get to Pompeii from Rome.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb