Sorrento as summer destination


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Piedmont
May 17th 2016
Published: May 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Are you preparing your summer vacation and you are considering Sorrento as a destination? Well, you're in the right place, here you will find all the information you need to spend an unforgettable holiday in Sorrento Peninsula.
Sorrento is without doubt a fantastic place, framed in a real deep nature, bathed from a wonderful sea and above all full of finest monuments and places of interest. And if you love eating good food, you have to know that Sorrento has a centuries-old culinary tradition and you will taste some delights.

As you read in this article, many people choose Sorrento as a destination for their holidays only for the sea. But Sorrento has much more to offer.
Here is a brief list of the monuments that you can admire: Piazza Tasso, the Cloister of St. Francis, the Cathedral of Sorrento, Teatro Tasso, Villa Comunale, the Basilica of St. Anthony, the Valley of the Mill, the Correale Museum.

Sorrento is also a perfect starting place for some day trips to other very famous places. In fact, from Sorrento you can easily and economically reach Mount Vesuvius, Capri, Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum. In short, stay in Sorrento will allow you to do the classic beach holiday but also to see some of the the most famous monuments and places of the world.

Ok. Let's talk about Sorrento now. Sorrento is bathed by a beautiful sea, the best places to enjoy it are the Bath of Queen Giovanna but this small town is dotted by small beaches on which to enjoy a sunbath.
As places of interest near the sea, there are also Marina Piccola and Marina Grande. They are two small fishing villages, the heart of Ancient Sorrento. I recommend to visit them because they are two very characteristic places and here you can also taste good fish meals.
In the evening I recommend a walk along Corso Italy, shopping street of Sorrento. Here you will find souvenir shops, bars, restaurants, convenience store, and all what you need to enjoy a few relaxing hours.

Even the gastronomy is an activity that excels in Sorrento, with typical products like limoncello and many other lemon delights, to savor strolling along the Corso Italia. In the alleys of the old town you can find spices, hot pepper, dried tomatoes and the 'follovielli' (bundles of vine leaves stuffed with raisins).
To be tasted at lunch there are the Sorrento Babies (fresh cheese) and traditional dishes such as cannelloni with ricotta or gnocchi alla sorrentina. To conclude you can choose among puffs pastry, homemade ice cream and walnut liqueur made from the famous local nuts.

But Sorrento is also famous for the many events that take place every year. Exhibitions, shows, festivals, concerts, cultural events and more. One of the historical events is the Caruso Prize, which takes place in July in the beautiful setting of Marina Grande. But also the Cinema Professional Days, the Wine Fest, the Fish Festival, events and exhibitions at the Sorrento Foundation and fireworks. Finally, the spectacle of the beautiful Sorrentine Tarantella.



Now that you read the whole article you understand that Sorrento is not just sun and sea. Art, culture, nature, good food and entertainment come together in this fantastic city.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb