Our First Day in Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
December 25th 2014
Published: December 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a long 9 hour flight, we finally made it to Rome. The gang went out to explore the neighborhood and came across the Church of St. Agnes, Spanish Steps, and Patheon. While out, we stopped for a nice lunch, where I was dragged out of the bathroom by an 80 year old woman because she wasn't done cleaning yet. Dressed like every Nana and Nonna out there, in the quintessential black tights, open toed shoes, knee length black skirt, and black turtlneck, she gave me a dirty look and cursed under her breath until I tipped her then her attitude changed real quick saying "Grazie, grazie Bella."

Later in the evening, we traveled far and wide (only cause we were lost and walked in circles) to the Vatican City for Christmas Eve Mass with the Pope. As we crossed through the pillars into St. Peter's Square, an overwhelming sense of pride and emotion came over me. I feel incredibly fortunate to have been able to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity and listen to a wonderful man, like Pope Francis, speak. My faith grew a tremendous amount last night and hope I can one day make it back again!

After mass, daddy got some delicious roasted chestnuts which I snacked on until we arrived at our late tapas dinner at La ZanZara. It was a fun, authentic, cheese and wine filled night, ending with an epic dance party in our kitchen.



Ciao for Now!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb