B5 Taylor


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What are some of the most famous architectural structures in Italy?



http://www.touropia.com/tourist-attractions-in-italy/

Italy is such a beautiful country who is popular for its magnificent art and elaborate architecture. Some of the most famous sites in Italy that are popular to common tourists include: The Roman Colosseum, The Leaning Tower of Pisa, and Pompeii. The Roman Colosseum is the largest and most famous source of entertainment in the Roman community. It had a capacity of more than 50,000 people. These people witnessed games in the Colosseum that were sometimes rather cruel such as gladiator fights. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is another popular tourist site in Italy as well. When its construction began, the structure began to sink into the ground due to the weak foundation. Today, the structure has 296 stairs that hundreds of people climb everyday. The lost city of Pompeii was a city buried in ashes and debris after a volcano eruption many years ago. These ashes preserved art, people, and buildings for years. Pompeii is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Italy.

All of these beautiful places in Italy have so much history behind each of them. Many of these structures are thousands of years old and still stand tall today. It's amazing how much advanced technology was used thousands of years ago to create this buildings, yet they're still stronger than ever. For example, the Roman Colosseum was built by Jewish slaves using limited materials.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb