Correct Change Please


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 28th 2011
Published: November 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our flight from Brindisi to Milan was due to leave at 1:55 pm so we awoke and enjoyed our final cappuccino. It was bittersweet to be heading home and leaving such a beautiful part of the Italian countryside. We certainly made many life long memories and experienced some amazing events.

We were excited about spending the evening in Milan, to add the big city experience to our Italian adventure. We set off in the van for the airport, with a few euro's left in our wallet. We felt confident that we would find some Petro to allow us to actually ARRIVE at the airport, at least one of us was confident the rest of us not so much !

So with Rich at the wheel and Jared at the GPS, we headed on our adventure. As we traveled on we found petro station after petro station that only took cash and no credit cards. Rich was confident he could find one that would accept his American Express. Jared was understandably getting a little upset that he had to continue to find petro stations that were further and further from the airport as we used the little fuel we
Pizza and BeerPizza and BeerPizza and Beer

Enjoying the Locals
had left. Needless to say there was a lot of discussion on how and if we would make our flight. Rich finally succumbed to filling the tank with as much fuel as our cash would buy and we headed to the airport. Thankfully we made our flight and headed into Milan.

Jared had booked us a wonderful hotel close to the subway station so that we could take in the local sites. Milan is truly a wonderful city with beautiful architecture, amazing shopping and wonderful food. We spent our last evening watching a World Cup Soccer match with the locals. What a way to end our trip.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb