Excursions and Tours...La Spezia...help!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
February 22nd 2010
Published: February 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I am having trouble with La Spezia. Currently we have this reserved:

Portofino & Santa Margherita:

$135 PP: an approximate 75-minute ride to Santa Margherita. The journey includes a short drive along the Via Aurelia, the Roman "Golden Sun Road."
Arrive in town and board a boat bound for the 15-minute cruise to Portofino. Enjoy views of the Promontory of Mount Portofino including rich vegetation, jagged rocks, little inlets and secluded beaches only visible from the water. Note: This tour includes approximately 1.5 miles of walking at a steady pace, part of which will be on cobblestones and/or uphill.
Arrive at Portofino, once a quiet seaside village that has become a must-see destination for the rich and famous, known for its colorful houses and quaint harbor. Pay a visit to the famous Piazzetta, and enjoy approximately 30 minutes of free time to shop at exclusive boutiques, tour the charming local church and soak up the local culture. Note: Guests—including children—wishing to visit churches must ensure that shoulders and knees remain covered. You can wear shorts that reach below the knee and tank tops, as long as you bring a sweater or scarf to wrap around your shoulders.
Return to the boat and travel back to Santa Margherita.
Upon arrival, enjoy a pizza party (included in the price of this tour) featuring many different types of pizza. And for dessert, don't miss the Nutella Pizza.
Complete your day with approximately 75 minutes of free time to explore this quaint town, before boarding your motor coach for the 75-minute trip back to La Spezia.

I really, really want to see Portofino. HOWEVER...what about FLORENCE??? This is our only chance...but takes 2 hours to get there and 2 hours back from La Spezia. I'm having issues...must make a decision!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb