Days 13-14: At Sea


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
October 9th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

October 8-9, 2009

We needed these next two days at sea to recover from Egypt. Our only goal was to get some laundry done but we learned our lesson from trying to do it ourselves last week. The ship was offering a laundry special for $20 all you can stuff into their paper laundry bag. Sure it is pricey but all our dirty clothes fit in there and we didn't need to spend 2 hours in the launderette and hang all clothes all over our cabin to dry them out.

On the second day at sea, we went to alert red. Seems many passengers have gotten sick probably from not following directions on what not to eat or drink in Egypt. We were not allowed to serve ourselves any food and had to have a crew member do it. THis caused long lines at the buffet but other than that no big deal.

Formal night went on as planned. Judy and I got our pictures taken again hoping to get a really good one to purchase and bring home.

We passed through the Straits of Messina where the width drops to something like 2 km at one point between the boot of Italy and the Island of Sicily.

Tomorrow we visit Capri.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb