oh how we hate Venice right now


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 14th 2009
Published: June 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, well, well. . . where do we begin. As you can tell by the title of this posting we are not having a good day. Where to begin.

We woke up at 4 this morning to catch our train to Munich. About halfway there on our waterbus Mark realized that he did not have my passport anywhere. So needless to say we freaked out. We were able to figure out the last time we used it, which was to check email yesterday. So we took off for that internet cafe. But we had to sit outside for 2.5 hours since it was 6 in the morning until it opened. LUCKILY they did have it. So we jumped a waterbus back to the train station to book the next available train. BOOKED. . . . later in the afternoon. . . BOOKED. . . . . night train. . . . BOOKED. So we are stuck in Venice for another day. Another day in a town we didnt like in the first place. We tried renting a car. . . 500 Euro. . . . . bus. . not an option. . . .so we booked the next available train tomorrow morning at 515 a.m. We are thinking of maybe heading out to the ocean for the afternoon. We luckily were able to find a reasonable hotel right next to the train station.

So overall not a good day. . . . and it isnt even 1 p.m. I guess this is an ok situation, I could be heading to the consulate right now (right Andy?).

So we are off to find beer! We deserve about 7 cases right now. . . ahhhh. . .if only we were in Germany!



Advertisement



14th June 2009

you could be at work!
I can't beleive you walked away without your passport, but now you will have a story to tell. Remember when you say you HATE Venice- you could be in Sparta- working!!! This may turn out to be a great bonus day. Glad you are having a fun trip and we love getting your postings. Calla is doing fine but definately needs another week with the dog whisperer! xoxoxo mom
14th June 2009

We are really enjoying reading about your adventures, even if the Venice one wasn't what you expected. The sights you have seen sound fantastic. Everything is fine at your house. We mowed the lawn and watered the plants Friday evening. We have had plenty of rain, so everything looks great. Take care and have fun!
15th June 2009

Enjoy
Hi guys, Sounds like you are having a fun trip. Looking forward to seeing pictures some time.
15th June 2009

When having a bad day in Venice, just think of the rest of us left behind in Wisconsin! Hope you're having a better day! Have fun!
15th June 2009

OMG
You are SO......LUCKY they had your passport! Wow. How's the beer in Venice? :)

Tot: 0.26s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb